When the weather takes a turn for the worse, there come days of cleaning up. After a storm passes through your town, you can expect things like branches, leaves, and debris to be covering driveways and lawns.
Sheds are often blown over or have their doors left open, making them look unappealing and turning into a major threat to your family’s safety.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
#1 Safety First
- Before entering an area, make sure there are no imminent dangers, such as downed electrical wires.
- Even if your neighborhood’s power is down, turn off the energy at the main breaker or fuse box.
- Keep an eye out for broken limbs on any trees on your property that haven’t yet fallen. These branches are hazardous and may fall while you work in the yard.
- Beware of any potentially hazardous products, such as paint, solvents, cleaning supplies, motor oil, and asbestos-containing materials.
# 2 Debris Removal
Clearing the debris from your property will help you determine the extent of any damage that has occurred.
Sort your trash into five categories:
- Organic Debris: Tree branches, leaves, logs, etc. DO NOT PACK THIS MATERIAL IN BAGS.
- Demolition Debris: Carpet, drywall, furniture, timber, beds, plumbing materials, shingles, and tiles.
- Appliances: Air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, and dryers.
- Electronics: Computers, televisions, stereos, radios, and other electrically powered gadgets.
- Chemical waste: Cleaning products, lawn treatments, oils, oil-based paints and stains, insecticides, etc.
Keep In Mind
- Recycling reduces the quantity of waste that ends up in landfills.
- Never burn waste since it can degrade the air quality and pose extra risks.
#3 Hire Junk Removal Services
You could expect many things after a storm, but yard waste removal will probably be at the top of the list. With a professional and reliable junk removal company, you don’t have to deal with the mess alone.
Good OleBoys is always available for such yard work, so don’t hesitate to give us a call if you need help clearing out your property after the storm passes through!
Brush And Debris Removal In Greensboro
When a storm rips through your neighborhood, it can take days before you’re able to return to normal. Our professional men are committed to making your property safe and secure again.
At Good Ole Boys, we provide fast and affordable junk removal services that get rid of debris and unwanted junk quickly and efficiently. We also offer shed removal services. Once we finish clearing out, we haul it all away for good, ensuring nothing but clean blue skies and a clean property.